Dodge City Community College is a two-year, public college, founded in 1935. The college offers certificate and associate degrees programs, and is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Dodge City Community College is located in Dodge City, Kansas, a community with a rich western heritage.
History of DCCC
Within this Mission Statement are seven defi ning statements which serve to focus attention on the learning processes and activities of Dodge City Community College:
To offer educational experiences through which a diverse population of students can acquire skills necessary for quality education and lifelong learning.
To provide technical courses and programs.
To provide transitional education which enables a diverse population of students to meet the requirements of college level courses.
• To provide a residential living environment which fosters individual development.
• To provide seminars and workshops which respond to the educational training needs of business and industry throughout the service region.
• To provide resources and activities which enhance the quality of life of the college community.
• To operate the college effectively through the employment of qualified administration, faculty, and support personnel.
• To manage the fiscal and physical resources of the college in an effective manner, supportive of the college mission.
• To develop external/internal financial resources which support the mission and needs of the college.
• To represent the nine-county service region within the state systems of post-secondary higher education.
• To plan, implement, and assess strategies for achieving the goals and objectives of the college
Acceptance of Accountability